Senior Editor – Sports Media
Zero Digital Media is looking for an experienced Senior Editor OR Senior Reporter to lead our Melbourne-based (Cremorne, 3121) team of sports journalists into the next phase of our content development and business growth.
Reporting to the General Manager, the Senior Editor will be responsible for journalistic processes and guidelines in the ZDM newsroom, focusing on continual improvement of editorial standards across Zero Digital Media’s suite of content destinations, starting with our flagship sites ZeroHanger.com (AFL) and ZeroTackle.com (NRL)
This is a senior role in our young editorial team, and the ideal candidate will have an established career as a senior journalist or editor-type role in sports media, digital media, or similar and has developed a network of industry-expert contacts throughout their career.
The day to day responsibilities of the role will include – but are not limited to:
– Manage and mentor a growing team of 15+ young, hungry writers
– Write and deliver high-quality content across a suite of sporting websites
– Assign, proofread and edit written content prior to publishing onsite
– Coordinating delivery of daily content schedules
– Generate exciting new ideas and concepts for production
– Outreach to industry figures for quotes, scoops, and stories
The Senior Editor will represent the face of the growing Zero Digital Media editorial team in-market, and will coordinate daily cross-platform delivery and support across the brand’s three key content pillars:
– Breaking and trending news content
– Feature, opinion, analysis, and editorial
– Lifestyle, culture, and industry content
To effectively perform in the role of Senior Editor, the successful candidate must have the following skills and experience:
– Demonstrably excellent language and writing skills;
– High capacity with proofreading and editing content;
– Demonstrable leadership, organisational and multi-tasking capabilities;
– Experience in the sporting industry or key sports media is essential;
– Expertise in at least one of the AFL or NRL industry
– Digital marketing and communications experience – SEO, UX, analytics, graphic design, audio/visual, social media, etc – will be highly regarded but not essential;
– A bachelors or masters degree in Journalism or similar would be highly desirable;
– An existing network of sporting contacts and figures will be extremely highly regarded.
Further enquiries should be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org.