Sports Media Internships
Zero Digital Media host a network of global sports sites bringing fans the latest news, statistics, and analysis across all major sporting codes.
2022 Internship Program
We are looking for interns to work in our Cremorne (VIC) office, or remotely, to work closely with our team of journalists, editors, and content producers.
Interns will contribute across the following tasks:
– Developing content across sports, screens and platforms
– Working with editors and journalists shaping digital content
– Pitching, developing and filing timely news stories
– Writing feature articles for inclusion on web platforms
– Production and publishing of social media content
Key Responsibilities include:
– Contribute to daily briefing meetings
– Pitch story ideas to editorial team
– Copywriting digital stories
– Contribute to social media schedule
– Excellent written and verbal communication
– Ability to work to tight deadlines in a team environment
– Genuine interest in sport, inc. Australian rules, rugby league, cricket, basketball & soccer
– Video and audio production skills
– A broad social media knowledge
– Attention to detail
– Content editing skills
Hours of Internship
120 hours total – Monday to Friday – 9am-5pm
Zero Digital Media typically hosts interns between 1-2 days a week for the entirety of their placement (arrangements can be finalised once accepted).
Several interns have gone on to earn paid position/full-time work at Zero Digital Media, while others have received paid work at other companies following their stint at ZDM.
Please contact ZDM General Manager Nick Splitter at: firstname.lastname@example.org